Re: [Xen-devel] Three small patches for xen-4.1.0-rc

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011, Ian Campbell wrote:

On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 22:37 +0000, M A Young wrote:
The first patch fixes an anomaly in /etc/xen/scripts/network-route.
Currently this script contains
netdev=${netdev:-eth${vifnum}}
ie. netdev is set to eth${vifnum} by default. Unfortunately vifnum is not
set anywhere in the xen code so the default is actually the broken "eth".
The patch changes the default to eth0 (which is what the comment at the
top of the file says it should be).

The comment also refers to an antispoof setting which I don't see being
implemented here. Is that just a wrong comment? (possibly cut and paste
error from one of the other network-*)

I think it is wrong (or maybe there was an intention to implement it which never happened. Only the network-bridge has any antispoofing code.

The next patch updates a comment about NetworkManager not supporting
bridging in Fedora 11 to refer instead to Fedora 14.

Was the NetworkManager stuff introduced in 14 and erroneously documented
as being in 11, or was it in 11 and worked fine, or has it been
continuously broken since F11? IOW should this comment refer to breakage
in Fedora 11 thru 14 or something similar?

I think it has never worked. Fedora is perhaps mentioned because I think it may have been the first distribution to use NetworkManager. So perhaps the reference to Fedora could be removed altogether or by a more general phrase like "such as in Fedora" .

        Michael Young