RE: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable on OL6 (RHEL6 clone) problems

On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 23:49 +0000, Dan Magenheimer wrote:
> > > Any clues?  I'm guessing that I have to manually set up some
> > > network bridges that I never had to deal with before, but
> > > don't have any idea how to do that.
> > >

> > Disable bridging in the xend config and set up a xen bridge like this:
> > http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Networking#Fedora.2FRHEL_Bridging
> >
> > Then, just make sure your domU config files use the same bridge name
> > you created.
> >
> > Hope that helps.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Todd
> >
> > P.S. We have a work in progress wiki page to help you through the 4.1+
> > migration
> > http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/MigrationGuideToXen4.1+
>

> Thanks... I think.
>
> I have to ask... this is progress?

Yes. We consider integrating with the distro's standard configuration
mechanisms/utilities/tools in a way which is consistent with each
distro's own documentation, instead of Xen rolling its own and blowing
away any network configuration the system administrator has performed,
to be progress.

> <flame on>
> Um, never mind, waste of breath
> <flame off>

If you have constructive comments to make, as opposed to vague allusions
to not liking some change or other and snide comments, we would be happy
to hear them.

Ian.