Re: [Xen-devel] Automation load balancing through live migration of virtual machine.

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 12:37:01PM -0500, Gautam wrote:
>    Hi All,
>
>    i want to add the automatic support for load balancing in the xen through
>    live migration of virtual machine.
>    for this i wrote a script, which runs as a daemon process with xen and if
>    the reosurces utilization (like Memory or CPU usage) exceeds
>    the threshold value then it migrates the virtual machine to the other
>    server.
>
>    but my script runs over the XEN. i am planing to make insert this code in
>    xen code.
>    so please suggest me the guide line to work with xen code.

I believe this kind of functionality should be a script/daemon,
like you have implemented it now.

xm/xend and xl/libxl toolstack are "single host" anyway,
so they don't really know anything about other hosts.

XAPI toolstack used in XCP (and in Citrix XenServer) has
multi-host pools, but I believe this kind of functionality
already exists there, and can be implemented as plugins.

-- Pasi