[Xen-devel] Release schedule for Xen 4.1

Following discussion, and a bit of slip to allow better contributions
from those who've been away for the Chinese New Year, the plan for 4.1
now looks like this.

We intend to go into code freeze at the end of the week, after which
patches even for bugfixes will be much harder to get into the tree.

We are here:

 |   Feature code freeze
 |
 |     Bugfixes are allowed provided they are not high-risk.
 |
 |     No new features will be committed.

This is imminent:

 |   Slushy code freeze
 |   after Friday 18 Feb
 |
 |     Bugfixes are allowed but only if they either:
 |         - fix an important bug; or
 |         - are very trivial and low-risk.
 |
 |     All changes to receive a formal ack from a maintainer other than
 |     the committer.
 |
 |   Hard code freeze
 |   after Friday 25 Feb
 |
 |     No further patches other than for release-critical bugs.
 |
 |     All changes to receive a formal ack from a maintainer other than
 |     the committer.
 |
 |   Release.
 |   planned Monday 7th March
 |
 |   In all cases, the plan is subject to modification, and to the making
 |   of freeze exceptions by the maintainers following consultation.

Ian.