RE: [Xen-devel] PoD in other (not GPLPV) drivers

On Mon, 2011-02-28 at 22:20 +0000, James Harper wrote:
> Is there a way for DomU to get an interrupt when an unpopulated page is
> hit when the DomU has gone past its initial limit? That would allow me
> to at least write a message to the log and crash usefully if I can't do
> anything else about it.

At the moment there's no mechanism for this.  Doing so would be a bit
tricky, as most of the places which do gfn_to_mfn() translations aren't
designed to handle failures gracefully (although that may have changed
since some of the guest paging stuff was introduced).

If we were to do this at some point in the future, what do you think
you'd like the interface to look like?  (i.e., deliver NMI? MCE? a
different but well-known interrupt?  &c)

 -George