Re: [Xen-devel] RE: Windows7 Home, PV drivers (x32_0.11.0.238) stuck during install (image attached)

On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 09:16:53AM +1100, James Harper wrote:
> > Hey James,
> >
> > I just installed a Windows 7 Home Premium version under QEMU
> (xen-unstable)
> > with a 2.6.38 dom0. Installing and running it under QEMU works quite
> well.
> >
> > I decided to install the PV drivers and followed the criteria for
> > allowing self-signed drivers to be installed:
> >
> > Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
> >
> > And then I tried to install the non-debug and debug version of the
> > GPL drivers. The version I picked was 0.11.0.238 - and it just sits
> > there doing nothing. The Windows 7 install is stock + Kaspersky
> AntiVirus 2011
> > +
> > Everest Ultimate. Both of them (non-debug and debug) hang at the same
> point.
> >
> > Any ideas what I ought to try? Where are the log files for the install
> > located?
>
> I think I've seen this once before but couldn't reproduce it. The
> installer waits for all the devices to be ready before asking for a
> reboot, otherwise you'll end up with the 0x7B "boot device inaccessible"
> BSoD next boot.
>
> When it is hung like that, can you go into device manager and tell me
> what xen devices are loaded?

Nothing shows up as Xen. I ran Lavasys Everest to do a report and scanned
for anything that said 'Xen'. The only things I found were the DMI fields.

Interestingly enough, if I click "Cancel" it is still hung. Are there
any installation logs of what it tried to load/install?