Re: [Xen-devel] Re: 2.6.39 merge window (git pulls and what is planned to go in)

On Fri, 2011-03-11 at 14:21 +0000, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 09:11:31AM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 19:29 +0000, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> > > Probably over the weekend Linus is going to open the merge window.
> > >
> > > This merge window is much more complicated than the previous
> > > one b/c we got a lot of good stuff.
> > >
> > > For my sanity and book-keeping I was thinking to email Linus
> > > five git pull requests:
> > [...]
> > > .. and then during the next week of the two weeks merge window:
> > [...]
> > > In this order or so.
> >
> > Seems sane. I'm going to rebase my dev tree onto all these now (I think
> > I've got most of it already)
>
> OK. #linux-next is you place then.
> >
> > > In other trees by other maintainers we have:
> > [...]
> > >  git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/linux-pvhvm.git has
> > >     xen suspend cleanups
> > >     PVonHVM improvements - makes spinlocks be PV aware, balloon in HVM
> >
> > Are Shriram's suspend/checkpoint patches in the pipeline somewhere?
>
> <head smack> I knew I forgot something.
>
> The last I heard he was battling PVonHVM shutdown issues during his
> testing of his patches.
>
> Shririam?

He posted a series on Saturday, rebased onto Stefano's PVHVM tree + the
PM tree, it looked sane to me.

I think his patch 1/5 (the one from Kazuhiro Suzuki) could go in any
time since it has no dependency on either the PVHVM or PM trees.

It also looks to me like patch 4/5 ("PM: Add visible
HIBERNATION_INTERFACE and hide HIBERNATION") could go upstream via the
PM tree whenever Rafael likes, since it doesn't depend on any of the
others. That just leaves 2/5, 3/5 and 5/5 to be pushed through once
everything else has settled down.

Ian.