Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 6532: regressions - trouble: broken/fail/pass

>> flight 6532 xen-unstable real [real]
>> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~xensrcts/logs/6532/
>>
>> Regressions :-(
>>
>> Tests which did not succeed and are blocking:
>>  test-amd64-amd64-pv           5 xen-boot                   fail REGR. vs.
>> 6396
>
> Seems like this is still failing at the same place in hpet.c, despite
> 23042:599ceb5b0a9b. Is the corresponding xen-syms available
> somewhere so I can sort out the condition to (hopefully) get a
> hint at what's still wrong?

Oh, no, I see what's wrong: That c/s only adjusts a variable local
to hpet_fsb_cap_lookup(), but num_hpets_used gets set to
non-zero only once hpet_fsb_cap_lookup() returns. I think the
local variable should go away altogether, as it being non-zero
(no matter how large) will in any case mean the legacy code path
won't be used.

I'll send another fixup patch shortly.

Jan