Re: Fwd: [Xen-devel] Segfault When Building Snapshot xen-3d14ce7 kernel From linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git/shortlog

On Fri, 2011-03-18 at 12:14 +0000, John McDermott wrote:
> Sorry, did not go to the list:
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> > From: "John McDermott (U.S. Navy Employee)" <john.mcdermott@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Date: March 18, 2011 7:56:58 AM EDT
> > To: Pasi KÃrkkÃinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
> > Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Segfault When Building Snapshot xen-3d14ce7 kernel
> > From linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git/shortlog
> >
> > Pasi,
> >
> > Thanks. I should have said something about that:
> >
> > I am building the hypervisor about 15 times a day on this box, doing
> > development on the hypervisor, and have no problems doing that.

Still, neither gcc nor as should segfault, ever, no matter what the
input is. The paths which you mentioned (net/ipv4/blah..) aren't paths
which the Xen support in the really kernel touch.

The fact that compiling the hypervisor build does not trigger the issue
isn't really indicative of anything in particular either since the
inputs to gcc are different.

Are you running the host under Xen when this happens? Which
kernel/hypervisor? Is there anything in your kernel logs?

Anyway, please provide a complete build log.

Ian.