[Xen-devel] Re: WARNING: at kernel/timer.c:1012 del_timer_sync+0x39/0x4e()

On 03/25/2011 12:52 PM, Jens Axboe wrote:
>> How should this be fixed? Is this call to blk_stop_queue() bogus, or is
>> it OK to call it in a handler like this?  If so, is the warning itself
>> wrong?
> Calling it in there should be fine, the problem is that the work cancel
> turns into a sync timer delete. That is not needed. Can you try the
> below?

Yep, that works.  Tested-by: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
<jeremy.fitzhardinge@xxxxxxxxxx>

>> Does this relate to  7eaceaccab5f4 "block: remove per-queue plugging"?
> No

OK.  Is the correct fix for that change to just remove all the
plug/unplug code?  We have some still out-of-tree code that stopped
compiling.

Thanks,