[Xen-devel] Porting spice to xen

Hi all,

We have tried to port spice to Xen (Xen 4.0.1, Dom0 kernel 2.6.18).
The current porting allows basic spice run for xen-fv.

Now We are trying to port the qxl component, but it's difficult
because of the big difference between xen-qemu and upstream qemu.
If you enable the qxl device in our current porting(do it by setting
'qxl=1' in xm config file), you are most likely to get a mess screen.
:(

So any help in qxl porting will be much appreciated.

Our work is shared here: http://code.google.com/p/spice4xen/

It's not be a good way to port spice to xen-qemu because of tremendous
difference. But before the Xen with upstream-qemu supported has been
released and runs stable, it may be a choice.

Best,
--
Zhou Peng
Operating System Technology Group