Re:Re: [Xen-devel] some errors of pvonhvm : xen-blkfront

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011, topperxin wrote:
> thanks for your timethe version of ubuntu 10.10 is 2.6.35.
>
> the domU can boot successfully, but when I operate some commands suchÂ
> as :ls ,touch , it'll be blocked, just like I stated before.
>
> I have another question:
> ÂÂ Â Âwhen I debug the xen-blkfront, I found the most difficult thingÂ
> is debug it. I want to know can I use xen-blkfront substitute a slaveÂ
> disk, not the boot disk(primary disk), thus I can boot the system on qemu
> emulated disk, and then mount the xen-blkfront
> disk, then to debug it. Can I do this???
> ÂÂ Â Âwaiting...

You can add xen_emul_unplug=aux-ide-disks to the linux command line
options, so that the kernel will not unplug the emulated primary disk.
Then you can use root=/dev/hda to make sure that the kernel uses the
emulated interface to access the primary disk.
Afterwards you should be able to debug blkfront accessing the secondary
disk that should appear as /dev/xvdb for example.