Re: [Xen-devel] Logging Access to HDD

On 04/19/2011 12:18 PM, Laszlo Ersek wrote:

>> I dont need to log every single byte, it would be enough to know which
>> file is accessed by the domU inside its image.
> Perhaps try Filemon from Sysinternals ^W^W^W Process Monitor:
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645

Laszlo, those tools are basically using the API I mentioned above - the
FindFirstChange() or similar API I already mentioned. If Sebastian wants
it to be done for one-time or user-assisted monitoring then it's fine to
use those Sysinternals utilities however if his intention is to create
an application to be monitoring it "on-the-fly" then writing his own app
is better.

Michal

--
Michal Novotny <minovotn@xxxxxxxxxx>, RHCE
Virtualization Team (xen userspace), Red Hat