[Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] XCP with 64-bit dom0?

Hi all,

For the last couple weeks or so, I've been pounding away at building a
version of the XCP host tools to run on a 64-bit dom0 (not just a
64-bit kernel, but a full 64-bit tool stack).  I'm starting with the
basic build setup of Centos 5.5 with arch x86_64.  Naturally, I'm
rebuilding a large number of RPM packages from source, and I'm running
into package hell as I try to track down proper 64-bit source versions
of packages, fix build and compile issues, and get up to the point of
being able to build the xapi-libs and xapi packages.

I've never tried it.  Is there a particular reason WHY you want to do
it?  I can't think of any benefit, and the downside is your dom0 will
use more RAM, which means less RAM available for your domUs.

-Dustin
> I'm trying to integrate live-cloning (via the xen snowflock codebase)
> into the XCP control path, which requires me to run a 64-bit PV
> kernel, and also requires 64-bit dom0 tools to talk properly with Xen.
>
> Perhaps I should re-ask this question in Xen-devel.  It may be a more
> appropriate venue.
>
> -kannan

Ok, i will reply directly to xen-devel to move the discussion.
I'm very interested and i'm starting to recompile. I'm trying to integrate into an existing 64bit cluster a dom0 based on xpc. What packages are fundamental to have a stable environment?

Thanks,
Muriel