Re: [Xen-devel] Patches to enable MTUs >1500 in el5.6 ready for testing.

On 04/22/2011 10:31 PM, Digimer wrote:
> On 04/22/2011 09:40 PM, yue wrote:
>> if the patch will be merged in mainline?
>> how to get the patch?
>>
>> thanks
>
> I can't speak to getting it into mainline, but getting it into the Red
> Hat el5.6 kernel is what I am hoping will happen soon. If you're in a
> pinch, I can upload the patched files for you to download and test. Of
> course, that's less preferable than just getting the next RPM updates. :)

Please use these at your own risk. I've done my best to get it right,
but without Xen folks giving the "all clear", I can't say that they'll
work. Also note: These were tested on a fully up to date EL5.6 (CentOS
5.6) x86_64 system.

Once these are in place, add the desired MTU size to your
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethX files. You will have to
manually push up the MTU on all interfaces or reboot to get the new MTU
to take effect. Seeing as you'll need to reboot to get access to the new
kernel, that would probably be easiest.

kernel:
http://alteeve.com/xen/RPMS/x86_64/
- Download at least kernel-xen-2.6.18-238.9.3.el5.x86_64.rpm, plus any
other RPMs you feel you need.

Patched scripts:
http://alteeve.com/xen/qemu-ifup -> /etc/xen/
http://alteeve.com/xen/xen-network-common.sh -> /etc/xen/scripts/