[Xen-devel] Re: Is there any onging work about SMT aware scheduling in Credit2?

  • To: George Dunlap <george.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: peb1611 <peb1611@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 21:08:23 +0900
  • Cc: George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 05:09:31 -0700

Thanks for your response.
At the moment credit2 is not HT-aware; it treats each thread as if it
were its own core. (Which is to say, if it has two vcpus to run, it may
put them on different threads on the same core instead of spreading them
across cores).
I already have noticed it and I was wondering HT-aware credit2 is being worked or not by you or someone interested it.

Hopefully I should be able to get back to credit2 in a month or so.
I hope so :)

But if you're interested in contributing, I'd be happy for some help. :-)
I am very interested in the credit2 stuff, however, I also don't have much more time to spend. Anyway, whenever I have time for, I will try to make patches to be needed.

--
Eunbyung Park