Re: [Xen-devel] Building XCP Debian packages: what sources or repo to use?

  • To: Thomas Goirand <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 20:35:46 -0400
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jonathan Ludlam <Jonathan.Ludlam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 17:40:54 -0700

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 9:12 AM, Thomas Goirand <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have started the work of packaging Openstack for Debian. I have
> already the Nova packages ready for upload, and I'm now working on
> Glance and Swift.
>
> Nova can run Xen, but I have been told that it needs XCP.

Nova should be able to run Xen via libvirt too. I don't know if this
path has been tested.

>  I was
> wondering what is the best source for me to download and package. I have
> noticed that I can take:

take a look here:
http://www.xen.org/products/cloud_source.html

You may also need to pull sources from the source code CD:
http://www.xen.org/download/xcp/index.html

(Add Jon Ludlam to the CC he should be able to confirm)

This wiki page may also be helpful to you. The things that apply to
XenServer apply to XCP as well.
http://wiki.openstack.org/XenServerDevelopment

You may also find this wiki page to be useful (even though it is
CentOS-specific)
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XCP_Building_Instructions

Thanks,
Todd

> http://xenbits.xensource.com/git/xen-api.git
> http://xenbits.xensource.com/git/xen-api-libs.git
>
> Is that it, or is there more that should be packaged? Would "xen-api"
> and "xen-api-libs" be the target package names, or should I name it
> "xcp-xen-api" and "xcp-xen-api-libs"?
>
> Are these git repo the best place to get the sources? Do they change
> often, and are they stable?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand

Todd Deshane