Re: [Xen-devel] xl save -c issues with Windows 7 Ultimate

On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 20:28 +0100, AP Xen wrote:
> I am trying to do an "xl save -c" on a Windows 7 Ultimate domain that
> will leave the domain running at the end of the save operation.

Do you have pv drivers installed which support checkpoint suspends? I'm
not sure if such a thing even exists for Windows.

I'm also not entirely sure that checkpointing was ever supported for HVM
domains without PV drivers (e.g. via emulated hibernation). Perhaps the
Remus guys know?

[...]
> At the end of this the domain is frozen. Is this a known issue? Any
> pointers as to how to debug this? Where does xl pipe its debug
> messages to?

/var/log/xen/xl-<domname>.log. You can also do "xl -vvv <command>" to
get some additional debug output.

Ian.