Re: [Xen-devel] VGA passthrough on unstable

On Fri, May 06, 2011 at 02:28:29AM +0800, Liwei wrote:
> On 6 May 2011 02:12, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > IMHO it's fine to require some pre-processing by the user,
> > since it's pretty manual step anyway to get the image captured from the
> > card..
> >

> Was thinking of that too, that'll simplify the patch to just the
> configuration and binary loading.

Indeed.

> > So I assume you've read:
> > http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/XenPCIpassthrough
> >
> > Which dom0 kernel are you using? is pciback a module, or built-in?
> >

> Yeah, I've read that and tried both the pci=resource_alignment and
> reassigndev options. Unless it doesn't produce any obvious log entries
> in dmesg, I don't think they did anything.
>
> That'd be 2.6.32-5-xen-amd64 from the debian squeeze repository, using
> the builtin xen_pciback.

Ok. So pci=resource_alignment= should do it..

> >> Come to think of it, why are there errors for BDF 00:05.0 and 00:06.0
> >> when only 01:00.0 and 01:00.1 is passed in?
> >>

> > What pciback mode are you using?
> >
> > -- Pasi
> >

> I have xen-pciback.permissive in my boot argument, so I assume that
> means its permissive?

Uhm, I meant the CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_PASS,
CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_VPCI etc in kernel .config..

If it's VPCI then the PCI ID's in the VM are different from dom0..
if it's PASS then PCI IDs will be the same.

-- Pasi