Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen, ustable and VGA passthrough

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Pavel MatÄja <pavel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 14:00:52 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 22 May 2011 05:05:55 -0700

On Fri 20. of May 2011 08:08:20 Liwei wrote:
> Hello Gennady!
>     Wasn't planning on posting the patch until it works. Also not sure
> if it'll end up destroying stuff so, do take care! Not my fault if
> unfortunate stuff happens!
>     The patch was hastily created on a separate Ubuntu machine with
> the source partition mounted, so I couldn't do a compile test nor am I
> sure if all the changes I made are in the patch. Tell me if it doesn't
> compile after applying the patch, I probably missed a file or two.
>     Patch is based on the original VGA passthrough patches posted by
> Weidong, modified to account for the ROMBIOS code being moved to its
> own file. It includes the claim cycle patch for secondary graphics
> card passthrough as well.

Hey,
May I have few questions about you patch?
I was looking for ways to load VGA BIOS into virtual machine and two of them
showed up.
FIrst is in your patch.
Second is to load VGA BIOS from disk in pt-graphics.c function get_vgabios.
You way seems to be much mor complicated. What's the gain there?

What is the gfx_first_read_BAR array good for? You just thow away first read of
every BAR there.
--
Pavel Mateja