Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Losing PS/2 Interrupts

>>> On 23.05.11 at 14:09, Thomas Goetz <tcgoetz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My assumption is that at the point that the i8042 driver reads the data
> register a new interrupt happens. There is gap in time between when the data
> register is read and when the event channel pending state is cleared. Since
> the hypervisor ACKed the previous real interrupt before delivering it to the
> guest, there is nothing to stop the i8042 device from interrupting
> immediately after the data register is read. If it interrupt before the event
> channel pending state is cleared, then it will not be delivered to the guest

That would be a bug in the control flow then. In our (non-pvops)
kernel we make sure to clear the pending bit *before* calling
handle_irq() (and after masking the event channel), which clearly
is a requirement at least for edge triggered interrupts (not
necessarily before calling handle_irq(), but before calling the
device driver's handler, i.e. in chip->ack()).

Jan