Re: [Xen-devel] Problem Xen 4.0-amd64 + Heartbeat 3.0.3-2 with Debian Squeeze

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Ian Campbell
<Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> IIRC these sorts of latency sensitive workloads are somewhere that the
> existing credit scheduler doesn't do so well and is something which
> George is looking to address with credit2. His canonical workload of
> this type is audio playback but I suppose heartbeat falls into the same
> broad class. So it might also be worth trying the credit2 scheduler.

It is quite possible to get 50-100ms delays in scheduling with credit1
if the system is fairly busy.  What kind of results does xentop
report?  You might consider moving to 4.1 and testing the credit2
scheduler.

 -George