Re: [Xen-devel] Looking for xen-blkback patch for 2.6.39 kernel

On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 03:12:24PM +0100, Iain Kay wrote:
> > Btw did you realize xen-blkback is already merged to upstream Linux
> > v3.0-rc1 ?
> >
> > -- Pasi
>
> I was not aware no. I hadn't really considered it to be honest. My thoughts
> where that 2.6.39 is here and 'stable' whereas the 3.0 is an entire new major
> revision and is likely to introduce a less stable experience.

If you just want the patchset of xen-blkback against 2.6.39, go get the this
branch

stable/xen-blkback-v3.3

from: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/konrad/xen.git

thought you will also need to extra patches on top, which are in in
stable/backend.base.v3
to compile.

Or you can just get the 2.6.39 stable tree that has those patches and some more
from

stable/2.6.39.x