Re: [Xen-devel] RE: BSOD in GPLPV rev928 in xennet.sys

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Kinzler [mailto:ml-xen-devel@xxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, 9 June 2011 04:38
To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; James Harper
Subject: BSOD in GPLPV rev928 in xennet.sys

Hello James,

on Windows 2008 R2 SP1 I get a BSOD on GPLPV setup. After some
analyzing
I found that it is a "null ptr read" in the call to
NdisFreeToNPagedLookasideList. File is xennet6_tx.c line 336.

        length = XenNet_QueryData(&pi, coalesce_remaining);
        va = NdisBufferVirtualAddressSafe(pi.curr_mdl,
LowPagePriority);
        if (!va)
        {
          KdPrint((__DRIVER_NAME "     failed to map buffer va -
partial
send\n"));
          coalesce_remaining = 0;
          remaining -= min(PAGE_SIZE, remaining);
          NdisFreeToNPagedLookasideList(&xi->tx_lookaside_list,
coalesce_buf);
        }
        else
        {

I can't see how that situation could arise without there being some
memory corruption somewhere... coalesce_buf is checked for NULL before
the call to NdiFreeToNPageLookasideList. Did you get the "Failed to map
buffer va - partial send" message in the logs?

I am not running any debuggers, I got the information from analyzing disassembled code listings and the minidump. I may have a look at debuggers (my time is somewhat limited).

Would you consider the rev928 version stable? What is the latest stable version in your opinion?

Regards Andreas