Re: [Xen-devel] Possible shadow bug

On 06/10/2011 12:10 PM, Tim Deegan wrote:
At 11:01 +0100 on 10 Jun (1307703699), Tim Deegan wrote:
Actually, looking at the disassembly you posted, it looks more like it
might be an emulator bug in Xen; if Xen finds itself emulating the IMUL
instruction and either gets the logic wrong or does the memory access
wrong, it could cause that failure.  And one reason that Xen emulates
instructions is if the memory operand is on a pagetable that's shadowed
(which might be a page that was recently a pagetable).

ISTR that even though the RHEL xen reports a 3.0.x version it has quite
a lot of backports in it.  Does it have this patch?
http://hg.uk.xensource.com/xen-3.1-testing.hg/rev/e8fca4c42d05
Oops, that URL doesn't work; I meant this:
http://xenbits.xen.org/xen-3.1-testing.hg/rev/e8fca4c42d05

Tim.

Tim, Thank you very much!
We were missing that cs and it solved problem.

--
Thanks,
 Igor