Re: [Xen-devel] USB disk corruption on Xen 4.1.0 & Linux 2.6.38.7

On 16/06/2011 21:10, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> So a couple of things popped at when looking at this:
> a). "sata_nv 0000:00:08.1: BMDMA: failed to set dma mask, falling back to PIO"
>
> That is not good. Somehow it wasn't able to set a 32-bit mask. Don't know
> if that is due to the driver or just that the kernel can't do it (b/c it
> was compiled with some special options).
I never saw anything in dmesg or any other logs.
> b). Are you using some special .config option? If you were to use a normal
>  distro would you see this?
My config is attached.
> c). You are using a 32-bit dom0. Didn't notice it until now so I wonder
>   if there are some lingering issues (for example not flushing the highmemory
>   mappings) that are at foot. Had you tried a 64-bit kernel before?
I haven't tried 64 bit because I need a 32 bit kernel.
> d). Does the problem exist if you try it with a 2.6.39 kernel or the 3.0-rc3?
It happens on every kernel I've tried which is 2.6.39, 2.6.39.x & 3.0-rc3
> e). Can you run lspci -n ? There is a pretty big file in
> drivers/usb/host/pci-quirks.c
>   Want to check against your machine.
I have the problem on two machines and have attached the lspci -n for
both of them.