RE: RE: RE: RE: [Xen-devel] No C-States any longer...

  • To: Carsten Schiers <carsten@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 20:31:38 +0800
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 05:35:23 -0700

great that this is clarified from the vendor. :-)

> In don't share this point, as I think Spec does require either _CST or PBLK.
> Nevertheless, I think to remember that
>
>   - xenpm did only mention C0 and C1 in the past
>   - but xenpm did so and does not any longer

there're always various ACPI-incompatible boxes in the market, and the reason
for
the different behavior may come from the fact that newer kernel more conforms
to the ACPI spec now.

> Eventually, even if it's only cosmetic, something needs to be changed in order
> to reflect that case by setting up C1 in such a case. I am sorry, but I was
> not
> able to do it.

I agree that from statistics p.o.v, C1/C0 should be always exposed regardless of
whether ACPI is broken.

Thanks
Kevin