AW: Re: Re: Re: AW: Re: [Xen-devel] AW: Load increase after memory upgrade?

> Lets first do the c) experiment as that will likely explain your load
average increase.
> >c). If you want to see if the fault here lies in the bounce buffer
> being used more
> >often in the DomU b/c you have 8GB of memory now and you end up using

> more pages
> >past 4GB (in DomU), I can cook up a patch to figure this out. But an
> easier way is
> >to just do (on the Xen hypervisor line): mem=4G and that will make
> think you only have
> >4GB of physical RAM.  If the load comes back to the normal "amount"
> then the likely
> >culprit is that and we can think on how to fix this.

You are on the right track. Load was going down to "normal" 10% when
reducing
Xen to 4GB by the parameter. Load seems to be still a little, little bit
lower
with Xenified Kernel (8-9%), but this is drastically lower than the 20%
we had
before.

What to do next, Konrad?

Carsten.