[Xen-devel] Re: How to use valgrind to detect xen hypervisor's memory leak

> Please post your modified version of the patch.
My patch is in the attach file named  xen_patch.patch
http://xen.1045712.n5.nabble.com/file/n4589993/xen_patch.patch
xen_patch.patch

> You seem to have missed step 0) which is to regenerate configure and
> Makefile.* using autoconf/automake as I described in a previous mail.
Oh , here before i run
                  1)     ./configure --with-xen=/usr/include/xen/     &&
                  2)     make && make install
 i had run automake/autoconf tool , and the errors still like what i got .
So how to fix it ?

> Wait, are you trying to use valgrind on the hypervisor itself?
> The Xen hypervisor is an "Operating System" and runs on bare metal --
> you can't run it as a process under Linux and therefore you cannot run a
> tool like valgrind on it.

> The valgrind support in my patch is useful for debugging the Xen
> toolstack (e.g. "xl"), but not the hypervisor itself.

Oh , I know that, maybe i didn't express the right meaning . Now , i am more
clearer . Yes , what i want to detect is the Xen toolstack's memory leak not
the hypervisor itself .

and so suppose that i come to the third step, is it right to use the command
to do the detection ?
"valgrind --tool=memcheck --leak-check=yes xm"

and more does someone have the valgrind tool support for hypervisor well ,
can you send me one ?

Thank you and best wishes .