Re: [Xen-devel] IOMMU issue on HP DL385g7 servers - workaround_bogus_bios / workaround_bug_bios doesn't help

Thank you for your message Konrad.

 Which link is that for creating a live image with Xen?

Sorry for confusion - currently it is only a link to a file with instruction where to get last images (one for sqeeze and one for wheezy) from and some additional information.
http://www.it-infrastrukturen.com/fileadmin/linux/debian-live-xen/README.xen
# ---

rsync -avP
rsync://www.it-infrastrukturen.ch/ftp/xen40-squeeze-amd64-live-gnome-binary-hybrid.iso
 .

# ---

As I need HVM with IOMMU support to passthrough some PCI-devices to domU domains, I am looking for a workaround for missing IOMMU-flag support in BIOS of HP DL385g7. Server hardware from other vendors can work correctly. For this reason I have also created a xen live image for wheezy (the available one with kernel 2.6.39-2 amd64 and non booting one with 3.0-rc6 (non available yet for downloads)), however there are some kernel 3.0-rc6 issues with aufs support so the wheezy image doesnt boot as expected with kernel 3.0-rc6)

I use debian live builder to create these live images. If you need some detailed instruction how to create such images with debian live please let me know. It is a bunch of config files, some hook scripts, local packages (like firmware-bnx2 ... you need for HP DL servers) and xen PVM/HVM config examples I copy into the live builder dir structure after running "lb config ... " and before running "lb-build ... "

 Did you try to follow the ParaVirt Wiki for the troubleshooting options? Like
 ratching up the debug options?

I am not sure what wiki (URL) do you mean exactly. I have read a lot of different wiki-pages.
I will check for it.

Regards,
Mark

--