Re: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] Failure to create HVM DomU at Xen 4.1 ( kernel 3.0.0-5-generic) Ubuntu 11.10 (alpha 2)

        root@boris-P5Q-E:~/vms/natty# vncviewer localhost:0

        VNC Viewer Free Edition 4.1.1 for X - built Apr  9 2010 18:41:55
        Copyright (C) 2002-2005 RealVNC Ltd.
        See http://www.realvnc.com for information on VNC.

        Mon Jul 18 21:48:31 2011
         main:        unable to connect to host: Connection refused
        (111)

        root@boris-P5Q-E:~/vms/natty# netstat -a | grep 590
        unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     12590
        @/tmp/.X11-unix/X0
        unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     10590

What does "ps aux | grep qemu" show as your qemu command line? Also
"netstat -a | grep qemu" might be interesting.

When I have an issue with qemu I often specify the device model in my
guest configuration as a script containing:
        echo $@ > /tmp/qemu-dm
        sleep 1h

Then immediately after running "xl create" I can examine /tmp/qemu-dm
and run the qemu by hand in the foreground, or under gdb etc. (there is
a timeout in xl waiting for qemu to announce itself so you need to be
reasonably prompt...)

Ian.