[Xen-devel] Re: IOMMU support for xen in BIOS of AMD based HP DL385g7 and kernel 3.0.0-rc7

Hi Mark,

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 06:34:33AM -0400, M. Schneider wrote:
> Please allow me one question about IOMMU support in AMDS's 890FX chipset
> and 6176SE CPUs used in HP DL385g7 servers. These chips support IOMMU as
> far as I know. BIOS of HP DL385g7 doesn't currently offer an IOMMU flag.
>
> I have contacted already HP support due to this missing BIOS setting
> options but less or more my request has been ignored (no solution and no
> plans for solving of this important issue  yet) so I am looking for a
> workaround as IOMMU support is required for passing thoruhg of PCI
> devices to domU domains (xen 4.0 / 4.1).

I am sorry but if there is no IVRS table there is not much we can do.
The IVRS table contains the information which device uses which
request-ids. Without this information the IOMMU can not work reliably.

Regards,

        Joerg

--
AMD Operating System Research Center

Advanced Micro Devices GmbH Einsteinring 24 85609 Dornach
General Managers: Alberto Bozzo, Andrew Bowd
Registration: Dornach, Landkr. Muenchen; Registerger. Muenchen, HRB Nr. 43632