[Xen-devel] Kernel 3 Crashes on 4.2 unstable

Hi,

I am unable to pinpoint this problem; on an old core2duo Xen 4.2 and kernel 3.0 as dom0 works, but on a newer i5 (same distro, same packages, all "baselined") the crashes as soon as Xen finishes booting.

The crash happens before anything useful is written to the serial console, and causes the machine a complete warm boot with no exceptions or error messages.

I have tried nomodeset, but I'm not sure the kernel gets as far as initialising graphics, it may still be in the stage of unpacking the initrd.

I would greatly appreciate any pointers to try an help to debug this, or hear from other testers with similar experience.

The config of kernel 3.0 I'm using is the "vanilla" fedora rawhide version, 3.0 however, not the latest git rc.

Thanks & kind regards,
Andi