Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.1.1 crash when manipulating cpupools.

Yes, I'm aware of the crash when setting weight. I've had a quick look, and it's not obvious what the problem is, and I haven't had a chance to look deeper.
Â-George

On 08/02/2011 12:44 PM, andrewpitman@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
George,

Thanks, that would be great! It would definitely be useful to have the credit2 scheduler fully support cpupools.

One other thing I did notice was that when I try to weight Domain-0 it crashes the hypervisor as well (example: "xm sched-credit2 -d Domain-0 -w 512").

Thanks,
Andy

From: "George Dunlap" <george.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Juergen Gross" <juergen.gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "George Dunlap" <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Pasi KÃrkkÃinen" <pasik@xxxxxx>, andrewpitman@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:47:19 AM
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.1.1 crash when manipulatingÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcpupools.

On Thu, 2011-07-21 at 14:15 +0100, Juergen Gross wrote:
> I don't think credit2 is supporting cpupools up to now (at least not any other
> cpupool than Pool-0). George?

I think that here were some unfortunate corner cases wrt credit2 +
cpupools that I didn't get worked out. ÂIn any case, it's certainly not
being tested regularly, so it would be no surprise of something broke.

I'll take a look at it in the next few [working] days in hope that
there's a relatively simple fix.

Â-George