[Xen-devel] Reporting some xen 4.1.2* and 4.0 issues like limitations to 4 VCPUs for debian squeeze HVMs etc

Thank you very much at Pasi (pasik) for his kindly help!

<pasik> ironm: well you might want to report those to xen-devel mailinglist
<pasik> ironm: with exact software versions, and exact step-by-step instructions how to reproduce <ironm> pasik, yes .. it is easy to reproduce as I have prepared two xen live images you can put on an USB sticks and boot from them: rsync -avP rsync://www.it-infrastrukturen.ch/ftp/xen411-wheezy-kernel3-amd64-live-gnome-binary-hybrid.iso . rsync -avP rsync://www.it-infrastrukturen.ch/ftp/xen40-squeeze-amd64-live-gnome-binary-hybrid.iso .

More details how I was testing are at:
http://www.it-infrastrukturen.com/fileadmin/linux/debian-live-xen/README.xen-live

<ironm> pasik, only HMVs images are on raid
   ACTIVE            '/dev/vg_xen/squeeze' [32,00 GiB] inherit
   ACTIVE   Original '/dev/vg_xen/wheezy' [32,00 GiB] inherit

Issue 1: 4 VCPUs limitation for squeeze?
# ---
<ironm> 8cores / 4 or 8 GB didn't work for squeeze

The error looks like:
http://www.it-infrastrukturen.com/fileadmin/linux/paste/squeeze/squeeze-xen4.1.2-issue-install-menu-pic1.png
http://www.it-infrastrukturen.com/fileadmin/linux/paste/squeeze/squeeze-xen4.1.2-issue-error-pic2.png

Config files are like:
http://www.it-infrastrukturen.com/fileadmin/linux/paste/HVM/hvm-squeeze.born2b3.net.cfg
http://www.it-infrastrukturen.com/fileadmin/linux/paste/HVM/hvm-wheezy.born2b3.net.cfg

<ironm> pasik, I will check if I can boot from HVM images (created on xen 4.1.2*) after rebooting xen 4.0

Issue 2: problem with too big install image size? (DVD images)
<ironm> maybe there is a problem when using DVD.iso images for installations .. (no problem with CD size ) <ironm> big size images (like DVD) or just the content (missing grub packages on them) causes install errors in HVMs

The error looks like:
http://www.it-infrastrukturen.com/fileadmin/linux/paste/wheezy/vxda-setting3-grub-error.png

Issues 3+: different errors in log files of xen 4.1.2*
http://www.it-infrastrukturen.com/fileadmin/linux/paste/wheezy/xen4.1.2-kernel3final/qemu-dm-squeezehvm.born2b3.net.log-xen412-k3.txt
http://www.it-infrastrukturen.com/fileadmin/linux/paste/wheezy/xen4.1.2-kernel3final/qemu-dm-wheezyhvm.born2b3.net.log-xen412-k3.tx
http://www.it-infrastrukturen.com/fileadmin/linux/paste/wheezy/xen4.1.2-kernel3final/xen-hotplug.log-xen412-k3.txt
http://www.it-infrastrukturen.com/fileadmin/linux/paste/wheezy/xen4.1.2-kernel3final/xend-debug.log-xen412-k3.txt