[Xen-devel] Userland blkback?

Good day,

I'm toying around with a kernel mode caching layer that, at the moment, crashes
into the ground if the driver is called from kernel space. I've been toying
around with pvops dom0 kernels in the 2.6.3x family with the understanding that
their lack of xen-blkback module would lead to an automatic fallback to a
userspace blockdevice backend. Is there a secret switch to Xen 4.0/4.1 I need
to be aware of to make this magic happen? Or is this a missing feature and
does every pvops dom0-kernel that is not 3.0.1 need backports for xen-blkback?

Cheers,
Pim van Riezen