Re: [Xen-devel] How to debug xen without serial port

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 05:27:24PM +0800, FeanFine wrote:
>      Hi, guys,
>    I have a problem here. Now i am using a motherboard without serial port,
>    and i want to debug xen to get some system log, so i use  one usb2UART
>    line to redirect serial port to USB.
>    After that, i configure system according to this link:
>    http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenSerialConsole, and change the ttyS0
>    to ttyUSB0.
>    But i can not get any log, so is there anyone can help me?

Just like the above wiki page says, you can't use usb-serial dongle on the
computer running Xen!
(but you can use usb-serial on another computer to log the serial console
output).

Xen needs to have access to a real serial port (either physical or virtual SOL
(Serial Over LAN)).
So I recommend you to buy a PCI serial card..

-- Pasi