Re: [Xen-devel] BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 61s! [swapper:0]

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 05:33:24PM +0200, Mark Schneider wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your answer Konrad.

Mark,
I am just getting to this email. You are still experiencing this issue right?

> I use xen 4.1.2* (sources from the site of Boris with patches based
> on xen 4.1.1 I guess).
> I have created debian packages and deployed them on the xen debian
> live image (kernel 3.0.1 final with such kernel config:
> http://www.it-infrastrukturen.com/fileadmin/linux/debian-live-xen/config-3.0.1)
>
> You could easy test it on another hardware booting the image from
> USB stick. I use for tests HP DL385 g7 servers with 32GB RAM and
> RAID5 (4 x 15k SAS drives) or RADI50 (8 x 15k SAS drives)
>
> rsync -avP
> rsync://www.it-infrastrukturen.ch/ftp/xen411-wheezy-kernel3-amd64-live-gnome-binary-hybrid.iso
>  .
> dd if=./xen411-wheezy-kernel3-amd64-live-gnome-binary-hybrid.iso of=/dev/sdX
> bs=1M
>
> more details at:
> http://www.it-infrastrukturen.com/fileadmin/linux/debian-live-xen/README.xen-live
>
> In live mode you can add additional packages however after reboot
> they are gone.
> It is possible to prepare persistent USB stick (script) to save
> addons on the stick.
>
> I use HVM domU domain for squeeze 6.0.2.1. DomU (HVM) domains for
> wheezy don't have such limits.

OK, so if I use
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/6.0.2.1/amd64/iso-dvd/debian-6.0.2.1-amd64-DVD-1.iso

I should be able to reproduce what you have. Can you also send
me your guest config file please?