Re: [Xen-devel] Most up to date blktap2 kernel driver

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011, Ian Campbell wrote:
> The Xen backend framework in upstream qemu might also be interesting in
> this context?

Give a look at hw/xen_backend.c and hw/xen_disk.c in upstream qemu: they
provide the basic infrustructure to run xen backends in userspace and
the blkback userspace code.

> Does NetBSD have an equivalent of (at least) /dev/xen/gntdev
> and /dev/xen/evtchn? I think they are a requirement to make this work.

You'll need a way to receive event channel notifications and a way to map
grant references in userspace.