Re: [Xen-devel] NetBSD and hotplug scripts synchronization using libxl

Roger Pau Monné writes ("[Xen-devel] NetBSD and hotplug scripts synchronization
using libxl"):
> This is the only problem left to add NetBSD compatibility to libxl,
> how does this synchronization happen in Linux? I've tried looking at
> the hotplug scripts, but I'm not able to see any kind of
> sincronization, probably because Linux doesn't use vbd anymore in
> libxl, but I think there should also be some kind of synchronization
> with tapdisk device unmouting.

In libxl, libxl waits for the device to be shut down, and is then
responsible for undoing whatever was necessary to make the device
available to blkback (ie, what you are calling "unmounting").

For things which start out as block devices nothing needs to be done
since blkback can use any block device directly.

Ian.