RE: [Xen-devel] Re: define BOOT_TRAMPOLINE and stack based on result of probing EBDA area by INT12

  • To: "Keir Fraser" <keir@xxxxxxx>, "Lin-bao Zhang" <zhang.linbao@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: <djmagee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 12:09:22 -0400
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 09:10:29 -0700

I haven't looked at any of the relevant code, so forgive me if there's some
obvious reason this wouldn't work, but shouldn't the 'mem_lower' field in the
multiboot data structure tell us the upper bound for that first 640KB of
memory?  That would avoid needing a real-mode BIOS call to determine a safe
location for the stack.