Re: Re : Re : Re : [Xen-devel] Re: Patches for VGA-Passthrough XEN 4.2 unstable

On 2011-9-7 20:51, David TECHER wrote:
It is a great pleasure to know that is it working for you :)

I've just updated the patchs sent by 'JavMV' on May 2011. Even if I'am
not a Xen Developer
it will be a great idea if a real Xen Developer takes care of the patchs
to improve it for Xen 4.2.

The next step was to understand how the patch for
'tools/firmware/hvmloader/acpi/dsdt.asl'
works. Once I've understood, I've patched for my own graphic card.

That's all.

For my information, what kind of NVIDIA graphic card do you have? GT
430?GT 440, GTX?

Supporting several cards?I do not know how to do.

My feeling is that using the same kind of manufacturer graphic card
would be possible
because qemu-dm could only support one kind of VGA BIOS.

Guest needs VGA BIOS to initialize assigned graphics card in guest. qemu-dm only know how to copy video BIOS of primary graphics card which locates at 0xC0000, but don't know where are video BIOS of other graphics cards. if want to pass-through more than one graphics cards, must know how to get and load VGA BIOS to guest for other graphics cards. One method is to use tools such as NiBiTor to extract VGA BIOS from graphics card to a file, then load it to guest.

Weidong

I know that in 2009 a patch was done to support more cards but I've
tryid to updated it.