Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Help with the migration to XEN-4.1 please

On Tue, 2011-09-13 at 12:09 -0400, Flavio wrote:
> I have recently upgraded to xen-tools-4.1.1-r4 but no luck with it.
>
> On 13 September 2011 10:58, Flavio <fbcyborg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > 2) If I try to run a gentoo linux guest (for instance) running
> > 'xl create vm_config_file.cfg -c' I get the following error:
> > xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory
> I would like to know what "file or directory" that message refers to.
> What XEN is expecting to find as a "file or directory" and where?

"No such file or directory" comes from strerror() in response to, IIRC,
ENOENT. The ENOENT comes from xenstore and likely refers to a missing
entry in there.

What is the content of your vm_config_file.cfg?

In particular I am thinking that if you have "file:" or "tap:" style
disks you will need qemu-xen installed and if this was missing you might
get errors like the above.

Ian.