Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Virtualization Test Day for F16 and Xen

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 02:25:52PM +0300, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 01:33:54AM +0300, Myroslav Opyr wrote:
> >    Hi,
>
> Hello,
>
> >    Virtualization Test day is expected to be on September 15th this year
> >    ([1]https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/232).

Cool.

> So that's tomorrow!
>
> Luckily Xen Hackathon (@Munich) event is just happening,
> so hopefully we can get some more testing from people in that event.
>
> >    We are willing to help test
> >    [2]http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/XenPvopsDom0 but find too
> > little
> >    information about test methods

It really ought to be parallel to what you would do with KVM/QEMU. Basically
the same steps - but I am not sure how well does libvirt work with xm/xl
nowadays.
Or the virt-manager - but it suppose to interact with magically.

Is there a KVM/QEMU/libvirt help test Wiki? I saw this:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_virtualization
and it kind of parallels it, albeit I didn't see anything about setting the
network
which sometimes is the biggest pain point:

http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=268427

> >    ([3]https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/219). It takes time for us
> >    to setup test environment, and would be good to have some info in
> > advance.

There are known bugs in FC15/FC16 that have been filled some time ago that
folks will sadly run into: 728775, 658387  and 668063

Fortunatly the bugs have patches attached and the files to be modified are
shell scripts.