[Xen-devel] proposing an idea for my last year project

  • To: Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Pratik shinde <pracshi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 07:40:19 -0700
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 07:41:13 -0700

Sir,
  I have an idea for improving memory management of xen.I don't know whether it is implemented or not.
   There are many operating systems running on a VMM.So it may be the case that two or more OS are of same flavor e.g.(windows or Linux).so some components of these OSes can be shared among various domains.
  Idea is that if any page i know can be shared between domains and is already present in memory then same page is used rather than bringing it from hard disk.I read memory merging but they are bringing page in memory and then deciding the page duplication.
 I want to know whether above idea can be implemented or not