Re: [Xen-devel] Xen document day (Oct 12 or 26)

Let me know, which date you agreed on. We could do a poll.
We should publish on the blog a bit before.
Also, how can I help?
Regards
Lars

On 29/09/2011 15:22, Joseph Glanville wrote:

On 30 September 2011 00:13, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 09:06:18AM -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> Part of what we brainstormed at Xen Hackathon was what we could do make Xen easier.
>
> And the one thing that seemed to surface up was making the docs better - either
> be the Wiki or the three .pdfs that get created/shipped with Xen.
>
> One thought was to come up with a Documention Day - where volunteers would try to
> fix up some portion of the documentation that they feel they have
> a good grasp of knowledge off and are willing to change (and also look
> to be incorrect)
>
> What do you guys think of Oct 12th or Oct 26 as a day for this?
>
> And then the next question - what page/pdf section interests you?
>
> http://bits.xensource.com/Xen/docs/user.pdf
> http://www.rites.uic.edu/~solworth/xenInterfaceManual.pdf [the one on Xen.org is an older version]
>
> Or Wiki pages:
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/
>
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenDom0Kernels
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenSerialConsole
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenCommonProblems
>
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/Consulting
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/Consultants
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/VpsHostingWithXen
>
> http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/XenPCIpassthrough
> http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/VTdHowTo

Some more related pages:
http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/Xen4.0
http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/Xen4.1
http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/XenKernelFeatures
http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/XenBestPractices
http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/XenHypervisorBootOptions

Also there's something completely new that we should document:
How to install Xen VMs! which means document all the relevant methods:
boot the native distro installer as PV guest, as HVM guest, xen-tools, virt-install,
debootstrap, rpmstart, etc..

That's something people ask about very often..

Agreed.

After working through a bunch of the pages I think we are going to have to have a realtime collab session to decide on some way of reorganising everything into categories.

-- Pasi

Founder | Director | VP Research
Orion Virtualisation Solutions