Re: [Xen-devel] [Project Idea]:-Want a guidance for the project

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 4:16 PM, Pratik shinde <pracshi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Respected Sir,
>       Sir I just want to ask you few questions:

"Respected Sir" is a little over-the-top for open-source culture,
which is a bit more laid back.  :-)  A more appropriate thing to say
here would be something like, "Thank you for your time."

>  If this is too big project then can you suggest any subset of this idea
> which can be implemented in four months by the team of four undergraduates?

I'm sorry, that's not my job. :-)

> Sir, if we just implement gang scheduler rather than depending on the degree
> of co-scheduling,whether that would be a good project?

Whether it's possible for a team of four undergraduates depends on the
undergraduates.  I'm just warning you that schedulers are harder than
they look.  They're a minefield of deadlocks and race conditions, and
you'll be on your own in debugging them.

Whether it will meet the requirements is something only your professor
can answer.

> Can I CC you from above if I face some problems in project work?

I'm afraid you can't expect too much help from us, especially in the
difficult questions about algorithms, deadlocks, and race conditions.
So consider this before committing to this project.

If you decide to go ahead, "printk" and a serial console is your friend:
 http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/XenSerialConsole

 -George