[Xen-devel] Re: Need some help about the build xen.efi

>>> On 03.11.11 at 10:59, liang tang <liang.tang@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,konrad,Jan
> Thank you very much for your help, now i can build xen.efi and i use
> basevideo and cfg file
> kernel=vmlinuz-3.0.0+
> ramdisk=initramfs-3.0.0+.img
>
> after run xen.efi I got debug message "tangl debug xen loader debug 1"
> don't got the "tangl debug xen loader debug 2" .
>      PrintStr(L"tangl debug xen loader debug 1\n");
>      status = efi_bs->ExitBootServices(ImageHandle, map_key);
>      if ( EFI_ERROR(status) )
>          PrintErrMesg(L"Cannot exit boot services", status);
>
>      PrintStr(L"tangl debug xen loader debug 2\n");

You can't PrintStr() anymore after ExitBootServices().

> if I mark //status = efi_bs->ExitBootServices(ImageHandle, map_key); xen
> will halt in here load the domain 0.

And you also can't just arbitrarily remove code and expect things to
still work.

>      if ( (rc = bzimage_parse(image_base, &image_start, &image_len)) != 0 )
>          return rc;
> is configure file ok?

Looks like it is (otherwise you would see some sort of error message).

> any idea about that?

If you're having real problems, the may be connected to the EFI
implementation on your system and/or the EFI version being too
old (no minimum version was established so far, but it may well be
that some things aren't working as expected in older versions).

I take it that native Linux boots okay on that system?

Jan