[Xen-devel] Question about HVM network

Hi, all,

I've a question about how network of HVM works,
when hvm startup, I found the qemu register the io port 0xc100-0xc1ff to the function rtl8139_ioport_write, is this means qemu emulate the rtl8139 NIC to handle network io event?

but when I scp a file to the remote machine, I cannot find any write to these ports, so I'm curious how hvm's network works?

first I'm not using the passthrough, so I think that it will use DMA: after it write the content to the memory, it will use PIO to write to one of the port to tell the qemu it need to start DMA, but there is no write to the port, then how does the rtc8139 emulated by qemu know when to start the DMA and where is the memory address?

hope someone can help me~ thanks in advance.

--
- Luit @ Parallel Processing Institute, Fudan University