Re: [Xen-devel] why do I get bad disk write performance in the kernel 3.1?

On Thu, 2011-11-10 at 03:42 +0000, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

> OK, so looks like you are using qdisk. [...]

That depends on whether Roberto is using xm/xend or xl, I think.
Roberto?

I'm not sure what xend does for 'tap2:aio' if blktap isn't available. I
suspect it doesn't fallback to qdisk. Roberto can you report the content
of xenstore under /local/domain/0/backend/ (use xenstore-ls <path>).

> You could also try the 'file:/local-disk' which will setup a loopback device
> and use that. Try that as well.

This is true with xm/xend but with xl you will need to manually setup
the looback and use phy:/dev/loop in order to perform this experiment.
For xl file: turns into qdisk unless blktap is available.

Ian.